Embarking on a summer sailing trip is an exciting adventure, and it's crucial to be well-prepared with the right clothing and essentials. Whether you're enjoying cool nights at the yacht club or jumping into the refreshing water, having the appropriate attire will ensure you stay comfortable and stylish throughout your journey. In this blog post, we'll explore the essential clothing items, footwear, and accessories.
1. Water Stain/Resistant: For casual daytime activities, pack a few pairs of Airotec Shorts. These shorts feature Airotec treatments, which help repel stains and reduce the need for frequent washing, making them ideal for life on a sailboat. They are not only practical but also stylish, ensuring you look your best while enjoying your sailing adventure. Airotec Poplin Shirt has an excellent water and oil repellency, while the fabric inside has moisture wicking keeping you cool and comfortable while doing all of your fun activities on the boat.
2. Lightweight & Breathable Clothing: Linen shirts are a perfect item to pack for a summer sailing trip. They are lightweight, breathable, and provide excellent comfort in warm weather. Not only do linen shirts keep you cool, but they also add a touch of sophistication to your look. Pair them with your swim shorts during the day or dress them up for a dinner at the yacht club. Additionally, consider packing a light sweater or jacket for cooler evenings - crossing sweaters and jackets on your shoulders will serve function and a preppy look.
3.Quick Dry Clothing: When it comes to swimwear, OSUN's Perfect Swim/Sail Shorts are an excellent choice. These shorts are specifically designed for sailing, featuring quick-drying fabric that keeps you comfortable both in and out of the water. With their functional design and stylish appearance, OSUN (One Short U Need) are a must-have for any sailing trip.
4. Sun Protection: Tailor Vintage’s UPF Recycle Polyester Printed Jersey Polo will not only make you look put together, but it will protect you from the sun with UPF 50+ and UVB/UVA ray blockage.
5. Footwear: Boat Shoes and Sandals
When it comes to footwear, invest in a pair of comfortable boat shoes or deck shoes with non-marking soles. These will provide excellent grip on wet surfaces, ensuring your safety on the boat. Additionally, pack a pair of sandals or flip-flops for lounging on the boat or walking on the beach.
6. Accessories: Complete your sailing trip attire with essential accessories. A wide-brimmed hat or a baseball cap will protect you from the sun, while polarized sunglasses will reduce glare. Don't forget to pack sunscreen to shield your skin from harmful UV rays. Additionally, bring a lightweight, quick-drying towel for swimming and water activities
7. Evening attire: For dinners at the yacht club or other formal events, pack our Airotec Polos and Airotec Pants. Dress this up or dress down with our offshore sailing clothes. If you plan on dining at upscale restaurants, pack a few dressier outfits such as a collared shirt and dress pants. Our Short Sleeve Airotec Polos has water repellent and stain resistance, so no worries if you make a mess at dinner. They not only have odor resistance to keep you fresh and clean smelling but are antiviral and antimicrobial. Last, but not least definitely bring a tailored pair of pants. Our Airotec Pant is the perfect piece because you can wear it more than once due to it’s stain and water resistant properties. It also has moisture wicking and stretch, so don’t feel guilty for having that second piece of desert! This combination will create a stylish ensemble suitable for evening wear. The Airotec treatments on these items will help avoid stains, reducing the need for frequent washing and making them perfect for yacht club dinners.
Preparing for a summer sailing trip involves packing the right clothing and essentials to ensure your comfort and style throughout the journey. Incorporating OSUN's swim shorts, Airotec shorts, and linen shirts into your wardrobe will provide you with functional and fashionable options for different activities on and off the yacht. Bon voyage!